- RSS Channel Showcase 3895383
- RSS Channel Showcase 2493022
- RSS Channel Showcase 3523966
- RSS Channel Showcase 1357439
Articles on this Page
- 09/17/15--03:00: _Practice Like You M...
- 09/28/15--07:32: _Parents Give Advice...
- 09/29/15--03:00: _Staying On Top: Han...
- 10/05/15--08:58: _Go View the October...
- 10/14/15--14:02: _Cooper Quarter Hors...
- 10/26/15--12:20: _Backing to Perfecti...
- 10/26/15--18:57: _Appaloosa World Sho...
- 10/26/15--20:23: _A Trainer’s Perspec...
- 11/02/15--05:45: _Go View the Novembe...
- 11/11/15--05:00: _Inside the Judges’ ...
- 11/24/15--03:00: _A Story of Hope fro...
- 11/25/15--10:27: _Livestock & Horses:...
- 09/17/15--03:00: Practice Like You Mean It
- 09/28/15--07:32: Parents Give Advice About Missing School to Show Horses
- 09/29/15--03:00: Staying On Top: Handling the Pressure with Stephanie Lynn
- 10/05/15--08:58: Go View the October 2015 Issue of GoMag – Our Biggest Ever
- 10/14/15--14:02: Cooper Quarter Horses Announces Congress 2016 Breeding Specials
- 10/26/15--12:20: Backing to Perfection with Bruce Walquist
- 10/26/15--18:57: Appaloosa World Show Highlights & Winners Announced
- 11/02/15--05:45: Go View the November World Show Issue of GoMag Online Now
- 11/24/15--03:00: A Story of Hope from the Color Breed Congress
Simulate a horse-showing competition at home to improve your nerves and your horse’s reactions. Use these tips to make your horse show practice more effective in the show ring. Think about the way you practice with your horse. You probably ride with less intensity and face fewer negative consequences if you make a mistake. Use […]
“Bueller?” No answer. “Bueller?” Long pause. “He’s sick. My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going out with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious,” says a girl in the class. Now obviously missing school due […]
The post Parents Give Advice About Missing School to Show Horses appeared first on GoHorseShow.com.
If you have never won a World Championship, a Congress Championship or a major event, it is hard to feel sympathy for someone who has and now laments over the added pressure to repeat the performance. Winning at a young age has many benefits, but it can also bring baggage for the lucky young winners. […]
The post Staying On Top: Handling the Pressure with Stephanie Lynn appeared first on GoHorseShow.com.
It is with much gratitude that we announce the release of the October 2015 issue of GoMag, our biggest issue in GoMag history. Since its inception in 2008, GoMag has continued its remarkable growth and for the eighth consecutive year, the October issue is our biggest ever. The 2015 issue, which features 390 pages, is […]
The post Go View the October 2015 Issue of GoMag – Our Biggest Ever appeared first on GoHorseShow.com.
“We are very excited for the group of stallions that we are standing for the 2016 Breeding Season,” says Clarice Cooper of Cooper Quarter Horses. “I feel that we have a very strong variety in our stallions and that each stud has something unique to offer to our customers.” Cooper Quarter Horses located in Maysville, […]
The post Cooper Quarter Horses Announces Congress 2016 Breeding Specials appeared first on GoHorseShow.com.
If you happened to watch the AQHYA World Show this year, you may have seen Sydney Scheckel and her mare, A Perfect Pleasure, deliver a nearly flawless performance in the Showmanship. Without a doubt, one of the most memorable moments of Scheckel’s pattern was her back. It was straight, it was balanced, it was rhythmic, […]
The Appaloosa World Show is well under way into its week of competition in Ft Worth, Texas, where the best of the best horses have traveled after a year of qualifying. Together, they come to enjoy fierce competition, while enjoying wonderful camaraderie with fellow Appaloosa enthusiasts and friends. Even though the weather started off the […]
The post Appaloosa World Show Highlights & Winners Announced appeared first on GoHorseShow.com.
APHA trainer and multi-carded judge, Julie Kennedy of Eastover, South Carolina wrote these tips after dealing with an upset child in her barn. We thought we would share this great advice with our readers. Dear Parents of Horse Kids, Over the past 30 years, I’ve had hundreds of kids, from 8-18, walk through my barn […]
The post A Trainer’s Perspective: 15 Truths Every Horse Show Parent Must Consider appeared first on GoHorseShow.com.
Many have just returned home from the All-American Quarter Horse Congress, but there’s no rest for the weary. It’s World Show time! The November issue of GoMag, our annual World Show issue, features horses competing at the AQHA and APHA World Championship shows. Due to the quick turn-around time that GoMag’s digital format provides, we […]
The post Go View the November World Show Issue of GoMag Online Now appeared first on GoHorseShow.com.
Do you ever wonder what judges talk about when they are not judging? Of course sports banter can be heard and politics or late night television offer fodder for laughs. But eventually conversation circles back to horses and the good, the bad and the ugly trends that make judges say, “hmmm.” While spectators, Internet viewers […]
The post Inside the Judges’ Room: What Judges Really Talk about with Stephanie Lynn appeared first on GoHorseShow.com.
Hope, a small word yet significant symbol. Hope is the affectionate barn name of “Still Goin Steady” owned by John and Cindy Hicks of Tontitown, Arkansas. John and Cindy, who have been married 39 years, began showing when Cindy was 14, John 19. “John would pick me up and haul my horse to shows while […]
For many of us, our lives do not solely revolve around showing horses. After a long weekend at a horse show, parents head back to their nine-to-five jobs; youth go back to school; and trainers head back to the barn. Some students might juggle both sports and horse shows. However, for exhibitors who show both […]
The post Livestock & Horses: Top Competitors Share the Challenges of Showing Both appeared first on GoHorseShow.com.